Tax Preparer (Part-time, Seasonal)
ABJ & Associates, Inc. is seeking an experienced tax preparer to help with tax season. This is a part-time position with a flexible schedule. We’re looking for a qualified candidate to join our team starting in January 2018 on a recurring seasonal basis.
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Conducts a thorough interview with potential clients. Delivers exceptional customer service by anticipating customer needs and considers the impact of all decisions/actions on the customer.
- Reviews financial records and documents to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Preparation of individual federal, state and local income tax returns. Completes all related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations. Furnishes taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Contacts clients for additional information, as necessary, to ensure accurate completion of tax returns.
- Consults tax law reference materials to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Answers questions and provides future tax planning to clients.
- Researches tax-related questions and issues and will respond to clients appropriately, in a timely manner.
- Resolves client complaints, or refers situations to supervisor (as appropriate) for resolution
- Review and approve tax return forms for accuracy and completeness (i.e., client signatures).
- Maintains copies of all documents and forms used in preparation as well as copies of prepared forms in compliance with regulations and office standards.
- Ensuring client privacy and confidentiality through all processes
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Availability and reliability through entire tax season (January 2018-April 17th, 2018)
- Experience in form 1040 series tax preparation, including schedules C and E.
- Must have current PTIN.
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer services skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer functions required.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Compliance with company policies and standards.
Include wage requirements and description of relevant experience with your application.
Send resume to:
Mail: ABJ & Associates, Inc.
1820 N. Lapeer Rd, Suite 2B
Lapeer, MI 48446